Today we went swimming as a family, probably the first time this summer we have gone with just our family-all the kids included. Karianna has decided to stop using floaties and just sticks with a Little Mermaid inner tube. Jordan hacks about 5 minutes of pool time before he starts to fall asleep (or before one of the other kids needs me!). And we all know that JD just loves the water and tends to jump in before considering his own safety. Last time we went swimming it was JD's first time this summer and when we went to the big pool, I just figured on putting him in the baby floatie that I did last summer. Sure he's a ton bigger, but I really didn't think he was ready for floaties. Today I put the floaties on JD just to see if he would even be able to find his balance in the water with them on. I was shocked to see how amazing he did! He kept flopping on his back and on his belly but his head never went under! He very quickly figured out how to correct himself and shift his body weight until he was just sitting up right! I was so proud of him! He spent a good half hour jumping in the water to me and then swimming back to the steps all on his own! Kicking seemed to just come very natural, and he still has a way to go before he'll lay on his belly and kick, but already he just seems to latch right on to the idea of swimming on his own.
My kids grow up way too fast; I am not sure this is fair! I have to remember moments like this when my kids are frustrating me! This time in their lives is way too precious to waste it by being annoyed! I love my kids!
Saturday, June 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment