- Directed to Mom with eyes full of tears: "He hit me-Karianna!"
- Directed to Mom about five second later when he realized what was on the counter: "I need cookie".
- To the movie theater screen at Kung Fu Panda: "Oh no! A bad guy! Panda fall down! Mama! I see monkey! Tiger is sad. No bad guy! Bad guy running!" (He pretty much talked to the screen the entire time. At some point I gave up trying to shush him and figured if an adult is going to go to a kid movie, they should probably expect excited kids).
- In the car after dropping a water bottle and then managing to snag it: "Oh no mama, water bottle fall down....I got it-water bottle".
- To Karianna with any word in the blank: "No Karianna, my __________. Give it back!"
- In church whenever a baby starts crying: "Oh baby crying-oh no. Baby is sad".
- Any time we get into the car: "Oh no mama, car seat is hot".
- During prayer time and without prompting: "Thank you for President Monson-mama, MONSTER!" I am afraid to say that JD thinks President MON-son is a MON-ster....
Sunday, June 29, 2008
JD's a Talker!
JD has by far been my latest talker. It seemed for quite some time that he was stuck in the 15 words or less land, and you could tell he was getting frustrated that no one was understanding JD gibberish. You see, JD talks all the time. And I do mean all the time. It just seemed he wasn't grasping onto actual words. Over the last month or two JD has exploded in terms of language, and is finally putting words together in sentences. So every day, I'll hear JD say something or ask a question that makes me crack up because he is just sounding so much more like a little man as opposed to a little boy. So here are some of the things he's said in the last week or so, which I thought were noteworthy enough to mention!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Just teach him how to say something in another language, and that will really set him apart from the other baby talkers. If you would like my opinion, condition him to use the word "opa" instead of hello.
Post a Comment