Saturday, September 7, 2013

Question #7

What is your dream job and why?

My dream job is to be a teacher. Preferably 1-3 grades, in a district that values small class size, an all-encompassing curriculum, and a progressive pay scale that actually functions.  But in general, being a teacher :)  Jared always tells me I am extremely lucky in that I knew what I wanted to do early on in my life, and that I actually do it.  I will always be involved in education. I knew that for sure the second I stopped teaching after JD was born and thought I was walking away from holding a job for a long time....nope, couldn't do it.  It's hard to explain. I love being a stay-at-home mom, but I feel an intense drive to work in the education field because I know I have been given certain talents/qualities that make it easy for me.  I relate well to children. Teaching a lesson is innate to me.  I can come up with lesson plans for just about any topic and I am good at the multi-tasking job that is planning curriculum.  I know I can help kids learn, plain and simple.  My patriarchal blessing tells me I will be working with children most of my life.  I always knew that meant my own children, but I strongly believe it means other's children as well.

Therefore, I feel very blessed that I have had the opportunities to get two degrees in education, to actually teach in a traditional classroom, and to now teach in an online classroom. My new job has been so rewarding to help others become teachers, and I have learned so much just grading the various assignments students send to me.  I don't feel a strong drive at this moment to go back into a traditional classroom, as I have in the past, thus I am content with what is on my plate.  But I do know eventually, I will go back to a traditional classroom, and I am fairly positive I will eventually make WGU a full-time position before that happens...I don't know the timeline, but I am fairly positive about those two things.  It means though, that I need to keep my license up to date, and I need to finish my ESL endorsement ;)  I'm not complaining, I Love learning!

No comments: