I had my first, super-vivid pregnancy dream last night...more appropriately, baby dream. It wasn't bad necessarily, but it wasn't great either.
I dreamed I was rushed to the hospital after my water broke and I lost my mucus plug in two different instances (I'll skip descriptions of that). The doctors told me I was already dilating and I'd have to deliver at 31 weeks. They rushed me into a C-section, and when I came to, I had not 1 but 2 little babies-and when I say little, I mean little. In my dream, they were literally no bigger than the length of my hand from head to toe. Plus there were two of them-wasn't expecting that. In my dream, I was instantly in love with them, though they had no gender or names. Their bodies were perfectly formed and they were wrapped in this little bed that looked like a round cabbage patch doll slipper. They would open their eyes and reach out for one another...I have that mental image in my head even now, more than 12 hours later. In my dream, I remember taking them home, though that home was my mom's house--I was in Daniel and Jacob's old room for some reason. I would lay on the bed with that little doll-slipper-bed next to me and just watch the two babies. They grew right before my eyes it seemed, and the bed grew with them. ;) At times, their skin would be transparent and I could see all the veins and organs underneath their ribcages. At other times portions of their skin would turn very dark and in my dream, I would worry they were getting sick-so I would rub their little arms or tuck them in tighter, and their normal skin tone would go back to normal.
The dream ended weirdly in that Sara and Jordan were all of the sudden playing in that bedroom and they made a huge mess. At this point the babies were as big as action figures/barbies, though still just as helpless as a newborn. Somehow, one of the babies got lost in the mess, and I couldn't find him. I was crying my eyes out, sure that baby was lost forever. I had gone through all the toys in that room 4 or 5 times when I woke up and realized Jackson was kicking me really hard...perhaps it was his way of saying, hey, I'm the real baby in the picture, and I"m right here!
It was an odd sort of a dream. Any mom worries she is going to go into labor way too early and have a preemie, I just wonder if this dream means any more than that! It has really stuck with me all day too. Curious to see if this dream pattern repeats itself tonight!
Sunday, September 22, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment