Describe your relationship with your parents.
Let's see, growing up, my relationship with my parents was probably strained at times, but also great at times-mostly as I got older and realized my parents weren't the enemy. I had many good conversations with my parents as I started to experience some more difficult, spiritual things with my friends, and those are good memories, though the situations were hard at the time. I had a great connection with my Dad in terms of education-we would talk about this all the time. Preteen years were probably the hardest because I did not feel like I could have conversations with my parents about very private, personal issues....that made the process of growing up a little difficult and uncertain, but it ended up just fine. Nowadays my relationship with my parents is still fine: I can call and ask my mom questions or ask her to help in a pinch. Living close has been nice, and I was worried it would be stressful....not the case, which is great! I hear about so many people who are completely estranged from their parents/families, and I am glad that is not the case with me.
Tuesday, September 3, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment