- Bad grammar/mechanics in academic writing. I am more forgiving in terms of emails and blogs (I even overlook typing mistakes every now and then). However, when it comes to things that should be written professionally, it drives me crazy to see mechanical/articulation errors. Generally speaking here, but it surprises me how many college papers I come across for those in a teaching program that have blatant errors-whether typing or mechanical, shouldn't any college student be going over these with a fine tooth comb, especially if you are writing a sample parent letter???? Drives me crazy.
- Not cleaning up messes that you make. I am not a neat freak by any means. However, I HATE when my kids spill something, drop something on the floor, get out a toy bin, and then walk away two minutes later without a second thought. The worst: I have actually witnessed most of my kids finish eating a goghurt, and then just drop the goghurt wrapper on the floor as they are walking out of the room. What is up with that?????
- Crumbs on MY ground. They don't bug me in other places, but they do bug me in my own house because they simply never ever go away.
- Monsoons that dissipate. Talk about disappointment right there, especially when you live in a never-ending drought.
- Parents not disciplining their kids. I will never try to discipline someone else's kid unless they are solely in my care or unless they are physically hurting my child. And even in those cases, I would most likely nip whatever is happening in the bud verbally and then remove my child. I have to say though, it really drives me nuts when kids are obviously making inappropriate choices and the parents are right there, obviously aware-and do absolutely nothing. I think I probably am more of a strict parent than not, and I think sometimes I need to loosen up, but I will never be as lenient of a parent as that.
- Lack of sensitivity or care of another human being. This one doesn't need to be political. ;) In fact, I meant it more professional. I've had some terrible experiences with businesses and how they treat their employees, and it came down to being completely insensitive and uncaring. It was uncalled for, I don't care how "professional" you are trying to be. It's not hard to give someone thoughtful notice or a genuine thanks or sincere condolences. Makes me glad I did not opt for a career in business management.
- Temper Tantrums. I have always had very, VERY little patience when it comes to temper tantrums. This is why Sara is such a struggle for me, because she is the only one who has ignored my very early expectations and thrown them anyway.
- The ladies at Bush who wave the cars forward during pick up and drop off-but especially pick up. They drive me crazy. I get they need to keep cars moving. But when they plant themselves right in front of your car and insistently wave you forward while your kids are getting in, or if you have 3 feet of room in front of you, or while you are trying to get into the next lane to get out of the pick up line....completely unnecessary and it drives me crazy. I swear the way they act, they must think they are the bosses of the world. This is so not nice of me, but they really, seriously drive me crazy.
- Kids losing their shoes. I just CANNOT figure out why this happens. We have a shoe basket easily accessible. I tell the kids every. single. day. to put their shoes in the basket immediately upon arriving home. And still we have mornings where someone (usually Jordan) cannot find a shoe. It drives me crazy, and I admittedly get seriously, seriously frustrated.
I only started with 6 pet peeves. I am adding on as I go with the hope of getting to 10!
No comments:
Post a Comment