Thursday, May 23, 2013

The End of Another School Year!

Just some pics as the kids got ready for their last day of school (the older kids anyway).  Karianna's class had special events every day this week.  Monday was math facts competition day, Tuesday was Spelling Bee day (Karianna came really close to winning both of these!), Wednesday was sand castle day, and Thursday was board game day.  On Wednesday, they also made these shirts-its hard to read, but it says "I am in 4th Grade...Here I come!"  They were super cute, and Karianna has all her classmates sign it.  She looked so grown up today-I wonder if it's just because I know another year has flown by, or if it's just the idea that I have a 4th grader now!!!!  Karianna's report card was stellar as always, and I am so proud of her progress!  She brought home her writing portfolio, and had a blast showing me all the creative projects they did this year.
 Action shots of JD!  He loves playing soccer at recess.  He and a couple of his brave buddies always join in with the 3rd graders for their pick up games, and he really hangs in there! It was so funny watching him every time the 3rd graders would score (which was, cough cough, a lot...), he and his friends would stand there all confused and ask each other, what are we doing wrong?  Loved watching him interact, he gets along with others so easily, and is so acclimated to the school environment, yet he clings to me in line, giving me tons of last minute hugs before finally waving goodbye.  He has loved school this year and like his big sister, had a stellar report card.  I really enjoyed his teacher Mrs. Cawood, and got to know her fairly well-her oldest daughter is in Karianna's class, and we are hoping to get the girls together for play dates this summer.
 Don't know why JD is pointing his finger in this pic....

 Can you see Karianna?


Happy last day of school guys!!!

No comments: