For my birthday in April, I really just wanted to do something with our whole family. I knew this would be one our last Friday nights together for a while, so I didn't care about gifts or cards, or anything like that-I just wanted to hang out together. Thus, I had a great birthday! We went to the kids' school to see their "drive in movie", an awesome showing of Wreck It Ralph on the playground. Jared was awesome and set us up on the basketball court-a huge improvement over sitting in the thistle-infested grass. We got to sit next to the cousins as well, and Karianna immediately jetted over to one of her best friend's blanket. I don't usually buy the kids treats, but decided to do so this year-popcorn and water bottles for everyone and Karianna brought her own money for a snow cone. I got one too-I can't even remember when I last had a snow cone, but it was AWESOME! James did great for the first hour, but then had to be walked around the playground, which I happily did. He seriously walked the whole back half of it so many times. The kid is not so much walking anymore but running. He loved to bang on the fence. It was a beautiful night, and the kids had a blast, as did I.
Jared and I got to go to dinner the next night, thanks to Kristen and Steven, who babysat the kids. We changed up plans last minute and ended up at Black Angus, where we had one of the best steaks I have EVER had, plus my favorite strawberry lemonade. It was a great weekend, I felt very loved and blessed.
Monday, May 6, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment