It is hard for me to believe that Jordan is done at EMECEC and officially moving to kindergarten at Bush. He's just been at EMECEC for nearly 2 years... it's part of our routine! He's so ready for kindergarten though, I know he'll do great!
Today was preschool graduation day for Jordan and his other buddies. Sara and James and I went to see him be presented with his graduation certificate. I wasn't planning to stay all that long, but we ended up hanging out for the entire afternoon. Sara did centers with Jordan, she made another art project with him, and of course had cookies with the rest of the graduates. James was funny, he wandered the room the entire time, only stopping to try and color on other people's papers and to eat a cookie. He had no fear of that place--I REALLY hope that's what he is like in nursery!
I am so proud of Jordan, he has learned so much at EMECEC and I am so glad we put him in this program. His speech has improved so much. He is taking his IEP over to Bush with him, but I doubt he is going to need it much longer-there are really only a few sounds he doesn't have yet, and those are the fairly developmental ones. Sara is going to be taking Jordan's place in afternoon preschool next year-she fit right in with all those older kids in afternoon preschool, even speaking more clearly and more frequently than about half of them. So grateful for these resources that are available to my kids!
Happy graduation day Jordan-you ROCK!
Thursday, May 16, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment