Here's our Mother's Day story, short version:
The kids ushered me back to bed Sunday morning after I got up early-as normal- to lay out church clothes and toothbrushes. I obliged, and they met me in my room 15 minutes later with a lovely mother's day breakfast and flowers from Jared. It was a lovely start to the day and was super yummy-I love breakfast foods!
We got ready for church and the kids sang with the primary, and a group of mothers. Their song was beautiful-it was exactly what I had pictured in my head, and the bishop was crying for 10 minutes straight after it. That's when you know you did it right.
I got to go to Relief Society today and spend the time wrestling James while trying to listen to the message-which I actually really enjoyed! That boy goes to nursery in 3 weeks, and I love watching his mischievous little eyes try to get away with things. The lesson was a good one for mother's day, all about families.
We got home and since a mother's job never ends, I did the dishes and cleaned the kitchen while the kids ate lunch that Jared made. The kids gave me their beautiful cards and homemade gifts from church and school-made my entire day right there. Jared had a beautiful card for me, and I really needed to hear the message that was in it. I love that man so much!
We visited with both Grandmas thereafter. The kids made them all cards, and I sent them up to the door each holding a flower for Grandma. I made corsages for both of them for church...I've never attempted that before, and I think they turned out okay.
We went to bed later that night with another mother's day tucked under our belts. It was a lovely day-not perfect, but what day in the life of a mother is perfect? I am blessed with beautiful children who amaze and teach me every day. I am blessed with a husband who loves me more than I think I can understand. I am blessed with a beautiful mother who has done a fantastic job raising her children and is thus a great example. I am blessed with women all around me who are likewise wonderful mothers (whether or not they have children) and who nurture the children that our Heavenly Father has entrusted in our care while we are in this mortal life. It is a unique blessing, calling, and privilege to be part of that army. Happy Mother's Day to all.
The End.
Monday, May 13, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment