We were able to go down to Sahuarita for a sleepover, as the kids called it. We always love visiting the Hammerquists-we wish we could do it more often! The kids had a blast hanging out with their cousins, and we really loved our visit. I'll let the pictures speak for a little bit:
We were able to ride the train several times, which was super fun for the kids! We were all still in our swimwear and anticipating a fantastic monsoon to hit any minute-which it did, and delivered the biggest booms of lightning/thunder I have heard in a long time! We loved watching the monsoon clouds roll in-so much cooler than the ones we see in Mesa!
We also played several rounds of mini golf. It has been a long time since I've golfed and I'm proud to say both Jared and I birdied or parred most of those holes (except blasted hold #3, which we both tried multiple times to no avail!). The kids did okay-they loved running around the greens trying to wack the balls like pros. Problem was, they just missed a lot of the time. :) They ran off and played at the neighboring park while the adults finished up.
The park was really nice given the monsoon-y weather, and all the kids enjoyed it...and the dinosaurs...and the bugs.
The best part besides hanging out with family was the splash park. The play structure was super fun, even for me! I never let myself get totally soaked by that dump bucket though. It fills up with a TON of water! Sara got soaked by it by complete accident...she was not happy. :) It was rather funny! The slides, and the lap pool-all equally fun and with the cloudy sky, it was a perfect swim outing!
LOVE this shot!!!!!!
Sliding with cousins Amber and Chloe
We were able to go to church with the Hammerquists the next morning. During primary, JD started crying and his teacher had to bring him to me. JD kept saying he missed his house and me, and he wanted to go home. Sweet little guy! I kept him with me, and he fell asleep on my lap during the 3rd hour. That has not happened in a long time, and it was honestly very sweet to me that my little 6-year-old still finds that degree of comfort with me. He had a similar experience in the middle of the night-I wonder what prompted that, but he was perfectly fine the next morning. I was surprised how well all the cousins did overnight honestly-4 in each room can get tricky, but it worked okay. Sara did have to come sleep with us at some point because I found she was running a fever-probably from being outside most of the day. She was fine the next morning though and all was well.
Thanks to the Hammerquists for letting us come visit! We love you guys and look forward to seeing you soon!
Monday, July 23, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment