Saturday, July 14, 2012

Rain, Rain, Go Away--NOT!

Part of summer fun in Arizona is enjoying the monsoons!  So when it started downpouring very suddenly one fine afternoon, we had to go out and enjoy it!  And when I say we, I mean WE!  I was just coming home from the gym and took the opportunity to let the rain soak me from head to toe.  It was amazingly refreshing, especially with the drop in temperature.  Of course, I knew this would come back to bite us:  messy pool, sticky humidity, and scattered leaves.  No matter-we live in Arizona.  When you get rain, you just enjoy it, plain and simple. 

The kids were no exception-they stood outside on the pool fence just watching the rain pour down for over an hour.  They like to get measuring ups and buckets to see how much rainwater they can gather. JD was the brave one to get soaked with me. The other two said it was cold.  COLD!  :)  And of course, James couldn't miss out on the fun.  I believe this is the first time we have had a true blue downpour with James cognizant enough to enjoy it.  Here's what he thought:

 I love monsoons in Arizona!  I love the flashes of lightning, the blasts of thunder, the curtains of rain, and the smell of resin in the air.  I love how it can be a blistering 110 degrees and then plummet to the 80s--dare I say the 70's?  It sure doesn't happen often, but we certainly plan to enjoy it while it is here!  We love monsoons!

No comments: