Saturday, July 28, 2012

JD: Celiac Disease

I'll have an update on this one soon!  In the meantime, JD does in fact have celiac disease, and I am in the process of finishing a lot of research--both on the internet, and in grocery stores--so we can transition him over to a gluten-free diet.  Definitely, lots of changes to be made!  I'll put in his endoscopy pics below for now.

He loved his wristbands.
 He drew a great picture while waiting.
 Just coming out of the procedure and before he woke up.  He got some sleeping medicine, but pretty much nothing else-the anesthesiologist gave him a bit of pain med with anti-nausea meds when he was ready to come out of surgery.
 Close up of the mask, which he brought home.  The smart anesthesiologist smeared it with bubble gum lipsmacker so he couldn't smell the medicine.
 Just woke up-and he was super groggy. I tried to get him to smile, he was having none of that!  Thankfully he didn't try ripping his IV out.
 Waking up a bit more and acquiesced with a smile.  He kept saying, "I fell asleep.  Did I have my surgery?  I did?  Wow. I didn't feel a thing."  He also kept shaking his head and rubbing his forehead down to his chin with his hand....it was obvious he was still so tired.
 The whole bed.
 And the thing that actually got him to be happy about his situation.  :) 
 Taking a wheelchair ride out of the house.  He charmed upwards of 40 stickers from his nurse.  That's pretty impressive.
I totally see a mix of Jordan, Jacob, Me, and Stephen in this picture. Definitely an Erickson at heart.   :)

No comments: