Each year, Carly uses her mad skills to create a family video, chronicling the past year of each member of the Erickson family. Given some crazy circumstances with health and moving, it has been two years since we had a video, making this year's rendition extra long and extra awesome. We had the premier party tonight where we all view the video for the first time-always a fun night, and I'm sure a nice culmination for Carly, who puts hours and hours into this project---she always does such a great job! This year we met up at the Adobe building for a nacho bar dinner and the video. We surprised mom afterwards with a birthday party for her, and a traditional double layer chocolate cake that I made. Mom didn't eat any of it, but I am going to toot my own horn-it looked beautiful, and it was pretty darn good! Once again, my camera did an awful job capturing the evening.....sigh. I so want a nice, new camera so I can better catch the memories that I do not want to forget, or for my kids to forget. Oh well. Eventually I'll be able to replace this one. Regardless, we had a great time, once again enjoyed hanging out with all the family, and truly appreciated the family video. On an unexpected note, Karianna won an award for her dance to "Chandelier", Jordan won an award for sacrificing his body to do "the worm", and Jared and I won an award for most effort, or something like that....we recreated "the sprain" from Saved by the Bell, complete with JD and Jordan catching my crutches, and Jared spinning me around until I kicked him onto the ground and poised my broken ankle on his shoulder for the final pose. It was pretty hilarious. James cracks up everytime Jared's recorded voice says "You guys are awesome!" Lots of good memories made, that's for sure!
This kid sat by me and ate a ton of guacamole! I was so surprised!
The three musketeers!
A little cautious, but he still gives Steve knuckles!
These boys and their pokemon-instant connection as a result!
Look, I got a baby to hold!
Karianna photo bomb......
Saturday, August 15, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment