Well, that's it. Four of the kids are goners, and I get to hang out with these two goofballs all day! Given that Jared is working form home, I have to be extra interactive to make sure things stay relatively quiet. So I get up early to work a few hours, I work the two nap hours when they are both resting, and I work 3-4 hours in the evening once Jared is done or dinner is done-whichever comes first. That makes it so my mornings are free to hang out with these rugrats, my afternoons/early evenings are free to hang out with the big kids, and I still get 7-8 hours of work in each day. These boys are great helpers with the household chores, and they are generally good playmates. James will tell anyone Jackson is his best friend. We love to sit at the piano together and play/sing songs. Playing ball is obviously a big hit all around. I have some preschool activities ready to go and we play school every morning. In my efforts to keep the house quieter, I will probably start morning outings pretty regularly-the splash pad park, the regular splash pad by ASU, mall play area, KrazyAir kid time (hopefully), story time at the library, and museums/science centers whenever we can score culture passes at the library on Tuesdays. The latter frustrates me because there are so many restrictions on culture passes....oh well. I'll play the game if it means I can expose James to some cool things. We still have a few months before we can really start to hit up parks, but once that rolls around, we will be doing that frequently.
All in all, I think we will have a lot of fun this year with our time together. Having James go to preschool most likely in January will make things more interesting too. I am certain Jackson will feel weird when that happens!So with those ruminations, I should go pick up the kids from their first day of school-it went by so fast! Even though we didn't do anything super special today, being the king of the house apparently wore James out, as this is how I found him maybe half an hour into nap time. Yes, that is a sock on his right hand. No, I don't know why. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment