Friday, August 21, 2015

Miscellaneous!

We have been enjoying our bubble machine a lot lately, to the degree that we can go through half of a huge jug full of solution in one sitting. Jackson used to be freaked out by bubbles for some really weird reason, but he has come around-yea!  

 Check out this seriously alien grape we found in our bag today!  Wowza!  It looks like 5 or 6 grapes that grew together.  The comparison picture is crazy.  The alien grape looks a miniature pumpkin or tomato. We saved it for 4 or 5 days, and truth be told-I ate it after that.  It tasted pretty normal!

 It is that time of year:  time to start preparing for the primary program!  As such, we started playing "Pass it Off" this week. I play this with the kids every year, and it sure does motivate them to sing well and pass off the songs!  We actually have 13 songs this year, which seems like a lot, but 4 of them are combined in a medley, so it is actually not that bad at all.  I love reviewing for the program.  I think that is stressful for many, but I like being done teaching the songs, and just playing fun review games and focusing on the spirit.  I think I do a pretty good job teaching the songs during the year so they actually know them-hence, we can have fun until the program at the end of October!



No comments: