With most of my family in town, we decided to do a family birthday party for Karianna and Makayla, both turning 11 this year. Karianna wanted a cousin party, which we just don't do very often anymore, so I thought this was a perfect time-plus, we planned to do night swimming, which makes it even more fun! No sun!
We swam for quite a while before diving into root beer floats with chocolate syrup. Sara, bless her heart, dumped literally about 2/3s of the bottle of chocolate syrup into her cup. She said she didn't know. I was just shocked. Needless to say, she didn't finish hers. ;) The kids all got back into the pool for a while, and then we opened presents right as the Hammerquists arrived (they got caught in major traffic). Karianna is always such a great sport with presents, I am grateful for her grateful attitude and quirky poses (as seen below). We had a second round of root beer floats with the Hammers and then jumped back in the pool until about 10:30 when everyone finally headed home. It was a busy, but fun night, all the moreso because we all got to hang out together, which is unfortunately so rare these days. The kids had a blast together, which is another huge plus.
I really, really dislike my camera right now. Some of these shots are terrible, but I am going to post them anyway. :)
Goodness gracious, the ghosts!
So happy early birthday to my budding pre-teen! I'll have more to say as we do birthday party #2 for her (with the Lautens over Labor Day weekend), and then her actual birthday on 9/16. Love you nana!
No comments:
Post a Comment