Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Father and Sons/Mother and Daughter

Oh I wish I had pictures to document this, but here's all I got:


A singluar picture of our girl's night out since the boys took off to Father and Sons!  Us gals had a great time-we had dinner/breakfast at IHOP, played at the Mall play area, watched a girl get her ears pierced, ate a cookie from Paradise bakery, went to get ice cream cones at 10:30pm, and built a fantastic tent for movie time.  It was a great night with my girls, and we enjoyed our time together immensely.

The whole time we were playing though I was wondering what the boys were doing.  This was their first camping trip together, mostly because I was worried that one of the boys would get lost, fall into the fire, or wander out of the tent in the dead of night.  Jared is so good with the boys, I just worried he would get caught up talking to the other Dads and JD or Jordan would slip away.  I had to bite the bullet though as I realized I was not allowing the boys to build these memories together, and I want that for them.  So off they went for an overnighter.  They took an extremely nice BMW from a family in our ward and got up to the campsite around 8pm (later than they wanted but oh well).  They set up their tent relatively quickly and actually went to bed relatively quickly-JD was crying for it at one point!  They did stay up long enough to watch the movie "Courageous", during with a girl dies.  JD kept asking Jared what was going on and seemed very concerned about the whole situation.  Once they were in bed, Jordan stayed awake for a long time while Jared and I texted back and forth-he started crying because he was itchy and it was a resultantly long night for Jared.  Regardless, they woke up the next mornig, had a great breakfast, played a lot of football, shot some nerf guns and played frisbee tag, packed up, and came back home.  No pictures to speak of, but the boys had a blast as did Jared.

I wish they still did Daddy Daughter campouts like they did when I was little-I remember those outings so vividly!  We are now looking forward to going camping as a family over Memorial DAy weekend!  Oh, one other tidbit.  As we were packing the boys up, Sara kept trying to put her things in the bags-a pillow, her blanket, even a hairbow.  I kept telling her she wasn't going, she'd get sad, and then try to stow away again.  Once the boys actually started packing up the car, she started crying when she wasn't allowed to buckle up with them-and continued crying until they pulled away.  I felt so bad for her, she really thought she was going!  I am sure she will enjoy camping when we go in a few weeks!

No comments: