Another school year down the tube! I remember starting this school year with much trepidation-I was halfway through James' pregnancy, sending 2 kids off to school, 1 kid off to preschool, and leaving Jared home with Sara and Jordan. We weren't sure if I would be returning to work the following year and we were unsure if Jared would have a job that would even allow that...it was an uncertain time, but I was calm because we both felt things would work out. Now, at the end of the year, I realize that it went by excessively fast. Here I am with a beautiful baby boy, who has had more medical attention than I could have imagined....I am a stay at home mom once again, and Jared is back in the job force, which provides us the income we need, and the insurance that has been a lifesaver. The kids-oh, the kids. They have been troopers this whole year and on top of that-they have excelled at school this year, and we are so proud of them. Such a life changing year, I can't believe it has already drawn to a close.
Karianna finished 2nd grade with a fantastic report card, as did JD with kindergarten. They both participated in their grade level musicals and brought home beautiful writing porftolios amongst other crafts and art projects. Karianna set records for her AR points and JD began taking spelling tests-and he got 100% on all 5 of them. Karianna started multiplication independently and JD mastered addition and subtraction theory. They both made great friends, had play dates, attended birthday parties, and brought in treats for their own parties. Several field trips (expensive ones, annoyingly enough!), principal awards, and movie nights made the year fun and memorable-both kids learned lots of valuable lessons as well. Overall, this year was a great one and I am so grateful for the atmosphere of education that our kids are immersed in.
Jordan also had a great year! He met his first two speech goals, so he will be moving on to more blends next year in terms of goals. He loves preschool and so do I-I am so happy he will be going back to EMECEC next year. He will switch over to the afternoon class which is more pre-k and he will be going with several of his buddies , which makes him happy. Jordan's bus driver was sad to hear that since he only drives the morning route. He would tell me all the time that Jordan was the smartest kid at EMECEC. I kept trying to tell him that nothing was wrong with Jordan other than a speech delay! :) I might have Sara asssessed for speech delays in late July depending how how she progresses this summer, and if she qualifies for an IEP, she would do the morning class at EMECEC. We'll have to see how that works.
Overall, it has been a great year and there are so many things I am looking forward to in terms of next year. We have a teacher reuquest in for both older kids and they are excited to receive their summer teacher letters. I am personally thrilled to be a stay at home mom right now because it means I can go to meet the teacher night, drop the kids off for their first day of school, and take care of all those beginning of the year traditions-I missed that so much the last few years, and while I am glad Jared could have those sweet memories, I am looking forward to the experience once again.
The end of the year-welcome summer adventures!
Thursday, May 31, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment