Thursday, January 13, 2011

Heaven and Lunchables

How's this for getting in a spiritual moment with the boys: We were reading "Clifford's Day with Dad". We talked about all kinds of Dad's and JD asked me where my Dad lived. So I told him my Dad died and he lives in Heaven now. JD got very excited because he apparently knows all about Heaven. He went on and on about families living in heaven with Jesus and then they get resurrected...it was pretty fun to see his viewpoint. I told JD that if we all make good choices and do our best, then we can live in Heaven together as a family forever! I asked JD if he would like that. His comment was thus:

"Yes...can we bring lunchables too?"

I busted up laughing, Karianna came running in and we explained the conversation to her-and then she was busting up laughing. I told JD how cute he was, and how much I Loved him. I tucked the boys in, still wiping tears of laughter from my eyes and as I was leaning over to kiss JD good night one last time, he whispered:

"But mom, can we really bring lunchables to heaven? You can buy some from Walmart. Do you want me to go with you? I like the peanut butter ones. We can get one for Grandpa Erickson too. And for Sara so she won't cry."

He was so utterly serious, I could help but assure him that yes, we will make sure to have lunchables in heaven. Guess I'm going to have to add something to my prayers tonite!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

how cute! steven and i busted up laughing about this too when we saw it on facebook:) we miss you guys!