I Love Karianna Because....
- She drew me a beautiful picture while I was at the hospital with Jordan. Its a picture of me wearing the most fashion-forward dress I have ever seen (seriously). Plus I was carrying a wand and a sucker; she even wrote "To Mom" on the top of it. I love that she thought of me.
- When I was sick with a stomach virus on Tuesday (which ended up being Jordan's diagnosis today), Karianna very thoughtfully told me in order to get better, I needed to eat healthy food, drink lots of water, brush my teeth, and exercise. I love that she wanted to take care of me.
- While I was putting Karianna to bed tonite, she sang the first three Article of Faith songs to me. Her voice was so sweet and innocent. It reminded me that perhaps my life is not so complicated as I sometimes think it is.
I Love JD Because...
- Whenever I come home from anywhere, JD runs into the garage (while I'm still trying to park the car....). As soon as I open the door, he screams, "MAMA!" and runs over to give me the biggest hug. When I got home from the hosptital today, he added a very exhuberant "I LOVE YOU!" to it. I love how pure his love is for his mom.
- JD didn't want to read stories with us tonite. However, when he saw everyone else sitting on the couch together, he insisted on joining us-the JD way. Which entailed climbing up Jared's legs, balancing precariously on couch cushions, and setting himself smack dab in the middle of my stomach. I love that he loves his family so much.
- While I was putting JD to bed, I told him I was tired. He gently put a hand under my chin and "Mama go sleepies." He sang me the "Sisters" song from our favorite children's CD. It was so sweet I couldn't help but smile.
I Love Jordan Because....
- During a 7 hour ER visit, the only thing Jordan wanted to do was put his head on my shoulder and snuggle.
- Even though Jordan has been overly lethargic from not eating this last week, I love that his gut need for comfort involved finding me wherever I was and laying with me without any prompting. Last night he fell asleep in bed with me...I can't remember the last time that happened.
- Jordan loves to play with me. He thinks I am the coolest playmate around, which is usually evidenced by his smiles and giggles, even in the midst of being fed IV fluids. That makes me feel a little bit cooler than I usually think I am.
Thanks to my kids for making the daily hardships of life seem pretty small in comparison.
No comments:
Post a Comment