Sunday, February 15, 2009

Belated: Party Part One

I have been meaning to post pics of Jordan's birthday party for a while now, but I've been putting it off because I have a bajillion pics of both parties and couldn't find the energy to sort through them all...woe is me. I suppose if that's the worst complaint I can come up with, I'm doing pretty good. It's not the worst complaint, by the by, but I digress. Jordan's first birthday party was a family one. I am a believer in family parties. That's all I ever knew growing up, and I love those memories. I know I will have my fair share of friend parties, and cousin parties, and teenager parties, but I always want to make family parties a priority for my kids. We did Jordan's family party on his actual birthday and we learned several things:

  1. JD and Karianna possibly enjoyed Jordan's presents more than he did. But I took comfort in the fact that they took the toys out of his hands before he had a chance to really appreciate them, so I could be wrong in that first statement.

  2. Despite number one, Jordan loves opening presents. He was totally into it. Didn't try to wriggle out of my lap one time.

  3. Jordan loves cupcakes.


  4. Jordan loves fingerpainting with frosting.

  5. Jordan didn't care if the candle was lit, he wanted the cupcakes. His reaction when I wouldn't let him play with fire was comical.


  6. Karianna and JD were great gift-getters; plus they each said a compliment about Jordan as tradition goes. Karianna said Jordan is fun to play with and he laughs good. JD said Jordan is cool.
  7. Buying toys on a budget can work. All of Jordan's presents except the books were one dollar apiece. The books were clearanced for 75% off at Albertsons.




  8. Jordan is a singer. He sang along with us during our beautiful rendition of Happy Birthday. I like to think he was adding a lovely descant.

Happy Belated Birthday to my grown up One Year Old! We sure do love you!

No comments: