Yesterday at preschool, Karianna's class talked about President's Day. She came home with a George Washington mask complete with cotton ball hair, and a self portrait of President Karianna. I thought it was adorable! I also thought it a great lesson for her because I didn't really think Karianna understood much more than the basic idea that the president is the person who makes the rules for the United States of America (I thought explaining the three branches of government was a little too much for a four year old).
Karianna proved me wrong today. We were waiting in line to buy lunch at Costco. Karianna was holding a 20 dollar bill. She was studying the back of it pretty closely when she looked up at me and said, "Hey, that's where President Obama lives!" I was cracking up so hard I was nearly crying. I didn't feel embarassed about that at all though because the lady behind the counter was too. Guess Karianna soaks up more of talk radio than I previously assumed!
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment