Friday, June 7, 2013

Some standard summer activities....

Now that we are a few weeks into summer and the car situation is resolved, we started up our splash pad visits.  I am hopeful to make these a weekly thing, just to get the kids out of the house and running around before it gets too hot!  Today was a blast, James did a great job playing in the water-as did the other kids of course.  I managed to park the car in a fairly tight spot, which is always a boost in my white whale morale.  I didn't have to get after the kids too much to go play instead of trying to sit in the shade and beg me for snacks ;)  Overall it was a blast!


We also hit the first summer movie together-we missed last week since it was not going to be a totally kid friendly movie, and I had to work in the morning.  Today we saw Hotel Transylvania, and man was it packed!  Becca and I like to sit in the front section anyway to accommodate babies, but even that was packed-people were still coming in 15 minutes into it trying to find a seat that just wasn't available.  I had an awesome mommy moment where James went missing before the movie started.  He can slip out of his stroller if I don't buckle him, and I just didn't think.  I ran up the aisle searching for a little toddler and overheard a mom asking who's baby this was.  Sure enough, she had James in her arms.  I thanked her profusely and blushed as I walked away with James-he reeked of poop.  Sigh.  He was strapped into his stroller from that moment until midway through the movie where he had to bounce around in my aisle, and then until I had to walk him to the back of the theater when he just started to lose it-he was tired and fussy, and he threw himself on the ground at the back and just whined and whimpered.  He got over that after about 10 minutes, but was just done after that.  Thankfully the movie was almost over and we got out of there quick.  The other kids did great sitting on their own, I just think the rest of the summer movies will be this same way-it could have been a ton worse, and hopefully I don't lose sight of James at every movie!!!!

My fav part of Hotel Transylvania-at some point, Dracula sees a TV on that is obviously showing a scene from Twilight and he says something like, "This is how we are portrayed these days?????? [frustrated sigh]".  I loved that part!

No comments: