Saturday, June 1, 2013
JD's Birthday Party and an Announcement
We celebrated JD's birthday on his actual birthday-that's kind of unique when you are talking about a cousin party!!! It was a fun birthday because Jared and I finally announced to everyone that we are expecting baby #6. Don't think I have even mentioned it on the blog yet-we are expecting baby #6. Woohoo!!!! Karianna already knew, as did just a few family members. I had some pretty severe morning sickness in the early weeks, and found I needed some support from some family, especially with Jared gone all the time. Thankfully most of that is past, and the time had come to clue the rest of the family in, including JD, Jordan and Sara.
I didn't want to detract too much from the birthday festivities for JD and Elizabeth, so I opted to give JD his last present, which was a gift bag that had a card in it. The card said, "Mom and Dad are giving you a brand new baby! But not until November!" JD read it out loud, and then just looked at us kind of confused-you could tell he wasn't sure what the actual present was. We clarified, and it still took a few moments for it to sink in for JD and the other 2 kids. Well-actually for everyone else that was there, it seems. I really didn't want it to be a "stop the party" moment, so we moved on to treats pretty quickly thereafter, and over the course of the next few days, it really started to hit the kids that there is a baby in my tummy. It was a fun moment, and I'm glad we could share it finally! For record's sake, I am due November 26th, 2 days before Thanksgiving. -it will be a busy holiday season, and a super busy November! Everything is healthy with the baby thus far, we will have a level 2 ultrasound on June 25th to begin checking for any heart defects, as well as to find out if it's a boy or a girl. I have no feelings either way, though I admittedly would like a girl to be named Addalyn. If it's a boy, Jared picked Jackson, and if it is a boy, then that just means we will have a perfect roommate for James!
Okay, back to party stuff. JD and Elizabeth got to open their gifts, and JD of course loved everything he got, especially his new bike. Wait, scratch that-I think his favorite thing was the container of Flart goo. You take it out, shove it back in the container, and press your fingers into it, producing a...ummm....flatulence sound. That stuff was super popular until it got pressed into a bathroom towel just for fun and never fully came off. But wow, what a great inexpensive gift! JD also loved the model plane he got from Daniel and Carly, he and Karianna built it that night and we found out it flies amazingly well! Jared really wants to buy a few more and drive up to Payson so we can fly them around the pines. JD loved everything he got, and we are just grateful to everyone for supporting him, just with their presence. We were only missing the out-of-towners, and even still, JD loved his cards from the Hammerquists, and I showed him Jacob's birthday greetings on Facebook.
We had treat time thereafter of ice cream sundaes that the kids got to top themselves.
The kids gobbled that down and immediately jumped in the pool with the willing adults. I got to hold Presley for quite a while during swimming time, which was awesome since it was the first time I got to meet her-she is a doll and looks just like an Erickson in my opinion. I did eventually get in with James for a bit, and he tried out his floatie for the first time-he disliked it greatly for the first few minutes, but as soon as he got used to it, he was loving splashing, finding the bugs in the water, and watching everyone jump around him. JD got to use his new dragon floatie, which is huge and awesome! He also used his water gun thingie to shoot water at everyone. The kids all had a blast....and the adult swimmers did too. Rob, Steve, Daniel, and Eric were in the pool for a record amount of time perfecting their swim acrobatics involving throwing a ball around and catching it mid dive-it was actually pretty impressive, if blogger was better about loading videos, I could put one up! I was glad everyone had a fun time, this is pretty much the one time a year I invite everyone for a birthday party at our house, and the swim aspect of it is always a blast.
So happy birthday to JD and Elizabeth! I'll post an "all about JD" post soon to update what he is like as a 7 year old!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment