Thursday, October 13, 2011

Sara Grace is 2222222222!



Well, she is really just 2.  :) But I am excited for her regardless-Happy Birthday Baby!  And I need to stop calling you baby, I know!  Total habit, which won't go away for 9 more weeks, I promise!  Sara's birthday was unique in that we spent it at a funeral....as such, we didn't really do much for her today.  We are planning a wonderful, Halloween-y cousins party on the 29th, at which point we'll celebrate Sara with cousins, games, treats, and a few presents.  For now, I have to give my traditional "Here's what I love about Sara" post, as well as her birth story as I remember it.  So as previously noted (and only a few short phrases ago), here's what we love about Sara!
  • Sara is a rough and tumble tomboy of a girl. She is constantly running around, climbing things, getting dirty, and plain old getting into trouble (it usually involves getting herself and other things/people dirty).  She is never wanting in the bruise department.  She hates having "owies" of any sort-if you try to look at it, wash it out, or cover it with a bandaid, she'll run away or cover it up with her clothes.  Such a contradiction though-lets just stop getting bruises!  Regardless, I love her energy and I love that she can keep up with the big boys of the house (Jared included).\
  • Sara is a girly girl.  Best of both worlds!  She loves dresses, shoes, necklaces, flowers in her hair, getting dressed up, getting dressed down, and then getting dressed up again.  She loves putting on vaseline and carying around purses, or putting multiple babies in shopping carts and pushing them around the house.  She's just so funny in this sense because as much as she loves this stuff, she can be the complete opposite:  hair in her face, dressed in a diaper because she has ripped off her clothes, covered in marker and caking her fingernails with dirt.  Oh Sara-so multi-faceted.
  • Sara is extremely strong-willed.  That is my kind way of saying she can be a stinker.  She knows exactly what she wants and likes, and if things go contrary to her preferences, she has no fear about letting you know.  I am happy to say this has gone from high pitched screams and fits to MOSTLY silent defiance, but it is still something she is working on.  I have a love/hate relationship with this character trait.  I am glad Sara is independent and has that strong will about her; I do not want to sqaush that.  At the same time, it gives us lots of opportunities to work on appropriate attitudes and reactions.  :)
  • Sara likes taking her clothes off whenever she wants.
  • Sara HATES baths.
  • Sara loves any type of food and is not picky whatsoever.
  • Sara gives the best dirty looks.  Today during the funeral, half the time she had a squinty expression on her face that said, "There is no way in this world you will ever get me to do that-don't even try it or you will face my wrath". 
  • Sara loves to help.  She is great at loading/unloading the dishwasher, cleaning up her shoe basket, wiping the table with a lysol wipe, and she tries so hard to sweep!
  • Sara loves nursery, which is great.
  • Sara loves brushing her teeth.
  • Sara hates putting on lotion.
  • Sara loves her siblings-she copies every single thing they do.
  • Sara talks all the time-lots of words and adding more 2-3 word phrases all the time.  She parrots everything.  In the car ride home from Prescott today, we were watching Barbie and the Princess Charm School.  At one point, the characters were dialoguing in short phrases and Sara was repeating everything they were saying.
  • Sara likes this game, and I like her intonation at the end:  Sara, say Mama!  [Mama!] Say Dada! [Dada!]  Say Poo Poo!  [Poo Poo?!?!?  HAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAA]
  • Sara loves to color.  Unfortuneately, that includes on walls.  Our first kid to ever do it.
  • Sar is oficially over her baby case of kidney reflux.  Her doctor verified that we do not even have to do a repeat VCUG, thank goodness!  She has been off meds for about 8 months now anyway, and has had no issues, so I was glad a doctor finally verified that.
  • Though I forgot the actual numbers, Sara is in the 75% for weight, and the 90% for height.  Jared was uber excited to hear that last statistic as he is now planning on her being 5'11" when she grows up. Either way, she's growing fast!
I could go on and on about Sara, as you can probably tell, so I'll stop the list for now.  All in all, we LOVE Sara-she is such a light in our life and full of energy! Most days I wish I could have her energy and I look forward to all the things her 3rd year of life holds for her!  She is moving into a big girl bed this weekend and she is starting potty training within the next 6 months-turning into such a big girl that we adore!

We love you Sara Gracee

No comments: