Sunday, October 30, 2011

5 Hours of Halloween Parties

It is definitely Halloween season!  We had a stream of 5 hours worth of halloween parties tonite!  Thankfully I didn't have to go to the second one since I was having contractions and was just dead on my feet after working in my classroom all morning and then dealing with fraudgulant charges on our debit card early afternoon...mentally and physically I was out of it!  Regardless, the kids had a BLAST of a day!

We started with a quadruple Halloween birthday party for 4 of the cousins:  Tyler, Kaitlynn, Amber, and of course, Sara!  Rebecca mostly headed this Halloween themed birthday party, and all the kids got to dress up for the first time in their halloween costumes:  Sara is Dorothy (resurrected from Karianna's use of the costume a few years ago), JD is Thor (my favorite costume of all time), Karianna is a beautiful, nice witch, and Jordan is Ironman.




 The party was seroiusly great fun.  Rebecca, Suzanne, and I each made up a few carnival type games to play and the kids rotated through them for the first hour or so.  We played a ghost squeeze-it walk, pin the nose on the pumpkin, a pumpkin toss, toilet paper mummies, and halloween fishing.  Steven and Kristen were the most festive adults in attendance, wearing alltogether amazing clown costumes, and the kids loved watching Steven made his balloon animals (JD went to bed with his last night, although I think it was originally JOrdan's-I think JD confiscated it because he loved it so much). 
 Pretty much all the boys came in superhero costumes with the exception of the youngest boys.  I love it when they do that, makes for great pictures-we could film our own version of "The avengers" or "Super Hero Squad"!   The girls of course looked beautiful as various girly characters.  I wish Sara would have deigned to be in this picture, but alas, she could not be distracted from the playround.

 The kids won prizes and treats at each game station and overall had a blast hanging out with their cousins-all of them! The only people we were missing were Jacob and Jennifer, and Rob and Steve!  Pretty complete if you ask me!  And yes, I am in my 33rd week of pregnancy, big belly and all.




 Before we hit the actual birthday portion of this party, we did manage to get all 17 cousins (soon to be 18) lined up for a picture, halloween costumes and all. This is never an easy task, but it was a lot easier to have them sit.  It also made it possible for the 4 babies to be in the picture, though Peyton wasn't having any of it!  Karianna was in baby heaven-she loves holding Shanna or Brenna!
 Overall, it was a super day with the cousins!  This party lasted 3 hours and then the kids moved on to their 2nd halloween party.  Since that belly of mine was contracting (fake, but still not fun), Jared's parents came to pick the older three kids up for their ward's trunk or treat.  The older kids had just enough time to wash their faces, wet down their heads after 3 hours in a warm park, and put their costumes back on!  They returned from trunk or treat with buckets of candy, full bellies, and lots of smiles.  They loved hanging out with their grandparents and Aubrey and I love that we live so close that we can do things like that!

As for Sara and I?  We went to bed.  Sara was pooped out from all the festivities, but it was apparent she had a blast.  I'll post about the actual birthday part/presents later since that's a whole slew of pictures as well.  Happy Birthday Sara Grace-and happy Halloween!

No comments: