- The second she bumps something or hurts something, she put her hand on the sore spot, dons a very hurt expression and simply says, "ow!"
- Sara says "Thank You" of her own accord every now and then, which is a great start to good manners.
- Sara loves to say "get out" or "get up" to indicate where she wants to go.
- Sara loves to helps load the dishwasher, particularly the cups and the silverware. She knows where to put the soap, how to shut the little soap door, and will immediately close the dishwasher drawer before trying desparately to push the button.
- Sara is using a spoon now to eat food! Happy day! It is still painstakingly slow, so she usually resorts to her hand every now and then, but if you give her a meal without a spoon, she will attempt to get out of her seat shouting "Poon!" until you give her one.
- Sara completely knows how we handle fits. As such, if she starts crying for any reason, she will cover her OWN mouth with her OWN hand. If I have to do it because she is in a true tantrum, she will usually move her own face into my waiting hand-as if she is agreeing to the covered mouth strategy. Whatever works!
- Sara loves her cousin Tyler (or Ty Ty). The second she sees him, she runs up, waves her hand (sometimes in his face) and yells with all the gusto she can muster, "HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!"
- Sara understands most everything I ask her (within reason). If I ask her to shut the fridge door, she will. If I ask her to get a diaper, she's on it. In fact, I just asked her to get a diaper, and she ran out the door to her room to get one...she returned a minutes later with her hands held up in the "I don't know" sign and she said "its gone". Meaning she didn't find one. Understandable since we just moved her changing table/diaper stash, but cute nonetheless! If you ask Sara what she needs, she'll generally tell you somehow. Maybe with word, pointing, or just guiding you to what she wants, but I love that she is really trying to communicate.
- Sara still throws fits, but they are very purposeful...not sure if that makes them better :) But it is pretty easy to conclude that if she is crying, she needs something. Sounds pretty basic, but if you really think about it, it solves a lot of the fit problems-ask her what she needs, and she'll calm down quick. Suggest something she might need by assessing the situation, and she calms down even faster.
- Sara loves to say prayers. :) She'll immediately fold her arms and actually keep them folded through the whole prayer. Lately, she has started saying her own prayers! She'll speak baby gibberish in muted tones for about 10 seconds and then end her prayer. Its so adorable!
Tuesday, July 19, 2011
Yes, I Understand
Sara is in a great stage of toddler-hood (notice I did not say baby-hood...she's just not a baby anymore!). Just a few things I notice that she understands that I think are pretty cool:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment