Monday, July 18, 2011

Success for Karianna!

Remember back in November-ish when Karianna was supposed to sing a solo in the primary program and she got so nervous all she did was cry at the mic?  Well, she experienced success today in the realm of public singing!  Not a solo, but Karianna got to sing a pioneer song during sacrament meeting.  She was part of a quartet and she was put right in the middle as she has the strongest voice on key.  I didn't make a big deal of it this week, just helped her practice a bit.  She didn't seem nervous at all, and when it came time for her to walk up to the podium, she did so with her head held high. She was the youngest singer, and thus, you could barely see her eyes behind the podium, but I could hear her sweet little voice, and I was so proud of her bravery!  She was smiling as she came back down.  I am so excited that she experienced success with public singing.  As an adult, I still get nervous if I have to sing in front of an audience, and it has been years since I have done a solo....I don't blame her for the nerves on that one!  I Hope she continues to enjoy performing-I think it is a great confidence booster for her.  Great job Karianna!

No comments: