I know I'm only 3 hours into our day, but I wanted to record this anyway-still plenty of time for accidents, which Im sure will come, I was just so proud of JD! Yesterday was a good first day of potty training, but I was a little concerned that not once did JD tell me he had to go potty, not even in a false alarm situation. I told Jared last night that I thought it might take a while for JD to actually recognize when he needs to go to the bathroom.
Here's how the day has gone so far: JD used the potty about half an hour after waking up on my direction. Great job! About an hour later, he TOLD me he needed to go potty, and sure enough he did! What made it even greater is I was in the middle of fixng the TV when he told me that; I honestly thought it was a false alarm, so I just told him to go to the bathroom, take off his underwear and climb on the potty. When I came in a minute later, he was climbing down and sure enough, he had done his business. Just awesome! About half an hour after that, he came out of his room telling me he had poo poos. My heart sank because I thought that meant he had an accident-which he did, albeit a very small accident. He climbed onto the potty nonethless, on his own and proceeded to...um...expell the larger portion of his business. Double yea! Even though he might not have caught it at the very beginning, I was so proud of him for recognizing what was happening and knowing he needed to get to the potty ASAP!
Small and simple things that just make my day go so much better. I have also discovered today that I can keep Jordan out of trouble for a good 20 minutes if I give him the tub of trains to play with. Karianna also made me smile today because she announced after breakfast that she wanted to do chores today-and then proceeded to wipe down much of the floor, the TV, and the table with lysol wipes.
Finally, I did in fact fix the TV and we now have PBS functioning from both TVs! Weird thing is, our bedroom TV only shows PBS on channel 6, kid shows starting at 7 AM. The family room TV only shows PBS on channel 8, kid shows starting at 9 AM. So the kids watched Sid the Science Kid in my room at 7:30 this morning, and then it was on again (same episode) at 9:30 in the family room. Strange? I'm not going to complain honestly, I've missed these fun shows that don't make me feel at all guilty about letting my kids watch TV while I try and clean house.
Hopefully the rest of this day goes just as swimmingly as the morning has gone; I know I am going to run out of steam within a few hours tops, crossing my fingers that my morning productivity will be able to run on fumes until Jared gets home!
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment