Friday, August 28, 2009

The Nest is Ready...

...meaning that I am majorly "nesting" right now, despite being so tired and wiped out all the time. When people ask me how they know that they are nesting, that's what I tell them. You do things to prepare for baby even though every part of your body is screaming at you to go lay down and rest! This week has been particularly tiresome for me, which makes sense given that I have just about 6 weeks left until delivery day. I am happy to say though that my 3 hour glucose test came back negative-no GD for me, thank heavens! Just worrying about deydration on a daily basis-I'm a frequent victim apparently.

Regardless, I have actually gotten a lot of stuff done, and if I really think about it, Sara could come today and we'd be ready. Wow, that's cool to say! So a few days ago, my sister posted a GREAT list of things she was getting done in the name of nesting. My list won't be as expansive by any means, but I'm going to steal her idea and post it-mostly to make me feel better and to remind myself that I am being productive when I actually just feel like a very large slug. So here we go!

  1. Solved the pack and play debacle-bought a much less expensive Graco Travel Lite Crib. This way I won't have to rush Jordan out of his pack and play and into a twin bed...which would be a rough transition considering JD is ready to night-time potty train.
  2. Set up the the travel lite, including bedding, blankets, and baby back sleeper.
  3. Built the portable organizer (took me about 2 hours, blasted screws that don't fit).
  4. Unpacked blankets, spit up clothes, and baby towels, separated what I will use for Sara, and arranged them all in the organizer.
  5. Also "accessorized" the organizer with newborn diapers, desitin, nasal aspirators, wipes...and all that newborn stuff.
  6. Purchased a 60 some-odd dollar baby sling for 15 dollars-SCORE!
  7. Packed my hospital bag.
  8. Dug up all the newborn car seat stuff from the garage-its currently sitting in the laundry room waiting to be cleaned.
  9. Dug up the baby monitor and replaced the batteries. Still works, woohoo! Karianna adopted the old one for her baby, who apparently is sick with the rattles, coughs, "choo-ies", a fever, and a tummy ache. Poor baby.
  10. Packed up all the maternity clothes I haven't worn yet this pregnancy...I will be taking them to Once Upon a Child tomorrow to sell them (you can do that at the Alma School store).
  11. Unpacked a good portion of my post baby clothes...notice I did NOT say "pre-baby clothes" because any mom knows those clothes don't fit right for weeks/months!
  12. Rearranged JD's closet.
  13. Hung pictures!!! Major accomplishment! I got 2 good sized family arrangments done and a few miscelanneous pictures including a cute rustic wall hanging from Ross that cost 2.99.
  14. Started filling out Sara's baby book.
  15. Finished my Blog Book and sent it to the Publisher!!! Yeah, not really, I wish! That thing is taking me AGES and I will be glad to get it done before Sara arrives period!
  16. Started night training JD with the potty. That was a necessity after one of the two parents in our house forgot to have him go potty before bed. Despite the diaper, the other parent of the two parents in our house found him crying and knocking at his door because he needed to pee so bad....his bed was soaked. Yup, we are done with that!

Yup, I knew it-that made me feel a ton better! Karianna has loved helping me with all this baby stuff. She keeps wanting to use the travel lite crib for her babies, and I keep telling her we need to keep it nice and clean for Sara, so she can't play with it. She didn't buy that argument until I told her that it was almost flu season, and if she brings flu germs home and then touches the crib, she could give Sara the flu-maybe even the swine flu! Karianna reasoned that she couldn't get swine flu because she already got her flu shot, but that Sara doesn't get shots when she is in my tummy, so maybe Mommy is right-we better not touch the crib after all. About an hour ago, she gave JD this lecture, so I know it is sticking. Gotta love how interested Karianna is in grown up things like the Swine Flu!

After tomorrow, I am hoping to be a few hundered dollars richer by selling off my maternity clothes and a few large pieces of baby equipment that I don't need/won't use. Cross your fingers that all goes well with the selling!

No comments: