Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Memorable Picture Post

I've had a bunch of random, often hilarious pictures to post for a while now, and figured I'd bunch them all into one post! I love the antics of my kiddos; they make me laugh and tend to drive all the stresses of the day miles away! Thanks guys-you are the best!

Jordan loves to take pictures. He will race in front of the camara to pose the second I take it out and yell CHEESE as loud as he can! I caught him in the middle of this very act, and I think it pretty obvious that he is "cheesing" it up for the lens!

After Karianna's second day of school, she asked to play make up once her homework was done. So I pulled out some of my old make up and brushes, and she just had a ball with it. Little did I know that she had also planned to give both JD and Jordan makeovers. Their reaction? JD said, "This is so cool!" and "I look beautiful!" I quickly corrected him to say "I look handsome!" If you are going to put make up on a boy, you better at least make it manly.

A few days ago I gave JD and Karianna pudding for a snack. When I did that, I didn't pause to consider that it would end up all over JD's face! He wasn't even being silly-he didn't realize he was making such a mess. I carried him over to a mirror and when he saw his face, he froze and just stared, looking a little scared, as if he was looking at a monster. It was pretty funny. Thereafter, he just thought he was cool. We might not be doing pudding for a while lest it turn into a face mask for any unsuspecting sibling.


When Karianna was barely one year old, we dressed her up for her first Halloween. She wore a care bear costume that was a size 2T, but we made it work on her small body because that was her baby nickname. A few days ago, we were sifting through a box of old baby clothes, pulling out clothes that baby Sara could wear. Karianna was very sad that she could not fit into the dresses any longer, at one point saying, "Man I wish I could just shrink my body." In order to make herself feel better, she pulled out her care bear costume and decided it would, in fact, still fit her. I didn't believe her. I was wrong! JD had to get into the fun of it as well and donned an old Barney costume. I'm not sure how long it took me to stop laughing!


Karianna, JD, and Jordan are very aware at this point that baby Sara is growing in my tummy. If I ask Jordan where baby Sara is, he'll immediately come lay by me and rub my belly very very gently before attempting to lift up my shirt and poke his finger into my belly button-as if it will help him bond with Sara in utero! Karianna and JD are a bit more sophisticated in their bonding techniques. I know tons of kids have done this before, but mine never have, so it tickled me when Karianna and JD put balls under their shirts and paraded around the house with baby Sara growing in their tummies! The cute thing is, JD did it first...usually it is Karianna who instigates silly things like this! I am guessing, by how JD is carying his baby, that he is experiencing a lot of heartburn...talking about being in tune with his mother!


JD and Jordan love to wrestle each other. And chase each other. And recently punch each other, but we are working on remedying that nursery-induced habit. It pleases me so very much, then, to see them playing so nicely together once every millenia or so. They have recently been into building trains and pushing them around the wood floors screeching "CHOO CHOO!" Very adorable boys, sans the clothes and everything!


Karianna loves to make tents these days. The only bad thing about this is she usually instigates a "No Boys Allowed!" rule regarding entrance. She says she is pretending to be Leslie from The Bridge to Terabithia and that the boys are all the terabithian creatures that try to invade Leslie and Jess' treehouse. For that explanation, I make the boys leave her alone. I love the connection!


Sometimes JD insists on wearing a pink, floppy hat. All day. He is very protective of it. Sometimes I wonder if I should worry about this, but I don't because he claims ownership over the fireman hat just as frequently as the pink, floppy hat. For that, I am thankful.







No comments: