Sunday, December 6, 2015

On Braids and Duets

I am super excited to say I have mastered french braids--so much so, that I have also mastered dutch french braids and braiding in varied positions outside of the traditional "straight down the back of your head" style!  Sara is an especially good sport for my burgeoning skill set.  She looked so, so lovely today for church--her bow is a bit askew in the second shot, but it gives a good idea of my braids....

Here's the kicker:  Karianna is just as good at both traditional, and dutch french braiding.  She can do it on her own head without using a mirror.  I cannot even remotely do that.  I am super, super impressed with capabilities-she is my idol in the world of braiding. 

On a separate note, I was humbled today to sing in the Relief Society Christmas program at church, all the more so because I sang with Karianna.  I am not one to jump at the chance to solo-I am not a soloist.  But Karianna gives me confidence to do so,and it is just such a sweet experience to stand beside her to sing . Karianna has a beautiful, beautiful voice.  She has a keen ability to stay on pitch and maintain a pure sound, regardless what the note is.  I just love this talent of hers.  We sang "Do You Have Room?", which has a beautiful message for the Christmas season. Karianna sang the first verse as a solo, and I sang the second.  We both sang the chorus together, and it all went very well with my mom at the piano.  Wonderful memories being created with my beautiful girls!

No comments: