Thursday, December 10, 2015

Christmas Orchestra Concert!

 Oh my goodness gracious, I have two kids who play the violin!

I was so tickled to go to the kids' orchestra concert tonight, for two specific reasons.  Number 1-I was super excited to see Karianna perform with the 6th grade orchestra.  The last few years, I have always thought they were pretty darn good, and I remember thinking, I can't wait until Karianna is in 6th grade and gets to play music like this.  Tonight was the night, and I was super excited for that!  Number 2-tonight is JD's first orchestra concert! WOOHOO!  He wasn't super excited to play an instrument, but man, he sure has warmed up to it.  Both of the kids have done such a good job this semester in orchestra, and it has been so wonderful to see them blossoming in their musical talents.

The concert itself was filled with Christmas music and some very familiar songs by JD's group.  I was impressed with the varying parts in Karianna's group, and I don't think we heard any mistakes in any of the groups--the teacher really does do a good job teaching them.  Both kids earned a treat for a job well done.  What a wonderful night to celebrate with the kids!


No comments: