Thursday, December 24, 2015

Christmas Eve: Pizza!

We got the idea from a work friend to make homemade pizza together for Christmas Eve.  I thought about going full blown with a gluten free homemade crust, but in between all our other festivities, I thought that would take too much time.  So we went with some yummy premade crusts-including two gluten free bagels cut in half just for JD-and a plethora of toppings.  The kids got to design their pizzas together, and ended up with a somewhat predictable pepperoni, pineapple, ham, and double cheese pizza.  JD just opted for a cheese pizza, which I expected given that he had a headache the day before and very nearly threw up.  I took it as a good sign that all my sick kiddies were game for Christmas Eve pizza!  It has been a long time since we did a homemade pizza like this (even longer since a true homemade pizza crust), so it made the experience all the sweeter.  We enjoyed our pizza while watching the Charlie Brown Christmas movie, and we had hot chocolate and ice cream thereafter.

JD didn't feel quite up for "decorating" his pizza, so James and Sara kindly did it for him.





 Waiting for pizza to be done-look at these cute, cute kids!!!!

 And we have it!  the final product, super yummy, and a perfect Christmas Eve treat!



No comments: