This is probably one of my favorite programs the school does. I love how it promotes patriotism, and gets kids excited about the founding fathers and the values that this nation was founded upon. They sing such classic songs, like "I'm Proud to Be An American", "This Land is Your Land", and the national anthem. They bring any veterans in the audience up on the stage, and we all applaud as they state their name and their service to the country. The entire thing is just awesome, and I am so glad Jordan got to experience that this year!
Jordan had a line about 2/3s of the way through the program, talking about the 13 original colonies. He said his line perfectly, and timed it well with the partner he was speaking with. He sang all the songs so well, and every single time I caught his eye, he smiled really huge! Love it! He looked so handsome too!
I happened to go to both performances-the afternoon one and the evening one-and a girl in the front row threw up during the program-yikes! Same thing happened at Sara's program last year! She seemed okay though and the show went on quite smoothly. In the evening performance, a girl got up to say her line, and she tripped over the mic-fell down, taking the mic with her, poor girl! We all applauded for her when she stood up-and after that, that show went smoothly as well!
Bad pics, but here's Jordan saying his line!
All in all, it was a great night, and we loved cheering on Jordan-great job bud!
No comments:
Post a Comment