Sunday, July 12, 2015

Day 2 at Seaworld: Pets, Sesame Street, and Aquariums

Day 2 at Seaworld....ready, set, GO!

We left our hotel around 2pm and got to Seaworld at 3pm.  We had to park further away this time, but not too bad (we paid extra for the upgraded parking the day before, which was certainly a luxury). We had planned our route this time, so we knew we were headed straight for the Pets show.  Who would think Seaworld had a pet show with dogs, cats, kangaroos, parrots, and ostriches???  Well, they did, and it was actually really, really entertaining, especially for Jackson!  He loves dogs, so this was a dream come true for him! I was pretty astonished with how well all the animals were trained, especially the birds.  




We went back to Wild Arctic so I could do the motion ride.  Of course, we oogled over the polar bears and beluga whales again, but that was a given!  Jordan acted like he was so experienced on the motion ride-he knew everything and was not afraid to tell me, silly boy! I actually get just a touch sick on motion rides, so I always have to brace myself a bit.  Definitely not as good as Star Tours at disney, but enjoyable nonetheless!
A big stop for us today was Sesame Street.  So, Jared took Karianna to ride Manta while I ventured into the huge play area with the other 5 kids.....crazy? Maybe just a bit.  ;)  We hit up the rides first, starting with a ride similar to the teacups at Disney:
I can't tell you how excited James and Jackson were to do rides-they were like little kids in a candy shop with unlimited access!

The flying Elmo ride was next, and this one was a little tough.  Based on the height requirements, I had to ride with Sara, James and Jackson, and only two people fit into each little car.  So, I hired JD as my babysitter.  Thankfully they had a little fenced-in area that made this possible!  First I rode with James; Jordan also rode in his own car, the white one in the second pic below:



Second, I rode with Sara--here are the three boys waiting patiently in the pen.  JD did a GREAT job holding Jackson and directing his attention to Sara and I.  James is standing behind JD-he was sad he couldn't go again.

Third, I rode with Jackson, and I actually let JD and Jordan go that round as well-Sara and James stayed behind in the pen after the worker assured me they would be just fine.  I was a little uncertain, but they ended up being just fine.  Jackson was adorable!  He loved looking out over everything and yelling hi to JD and Jordan, who were in the cars right in front of us!


So after all those rounds of the flying Elmo, we finally got out of that line-whew!  Next up was this.....ride.  I have no idea what to call it, or how to describe it.  It was fun though, and midway through the line, Jared and Karianna showed up.  The nice gal behind us urged Karianna to join us in line, so she did, and enjoyed the ride with us.  Jared said Karianna not only loved Manta again, but she had the guts to raise her hands while flying through the ride!!!!!  BRAVE girl!  I'm a wimp apparently.... ;)



Jared and Karianna went to do the teacup ride, and I took the other kids to the big climber.  I made the colossal mistake of just setting them loose, not realizing that there were multiple exit points in that climber that I was unaware of. I quickly got James down from it, and corralled him and Jackson to a little kid play area that they really enjoyed.  As soon as Jared got back, I took off to ID the other kids.  Thankfully, I was able to do so relatively quickly, made them all aware of our meeting point, and just roved from kid to kid.  They had a ball in the play area, trying out as many things as possible.  I could not believe how big the climber was!



Running through the maze of punching bags!
JD is up there-can you see him?
The toddler play area.....

JD again!

Sara on the enormous drawbridge.....
Climbing through tunnels....

And jumping on a psuedo trampoline that was actually really tricky!
After this long visit, we hit up a couple of the aquariums that we had missed yesterday. The Moray Eel was a favorite!  I didn't take many pictures as my camera was not liking the lighting-plus, it was crowded! We also went through Turtle Bay or whatever it was called. The turtles felt huge to me!
We also cycled back through Shark Encounter since that was a favorite from yesterday.  Isn't this shot ominous?
We managed to pack all of that in before the kids started to get hungry for a snack.  We already decided to do dinner outside of the park after it closed at 10, so we knew snack was inevitable!  We took a quick bathroom break, grabbed some popcorn, and geared up for the final stretch.

No comments: