Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Dive Meet #5

Here's the obligatory other-kid-picture. :)  I have noticed I tend to post a few other pictures of the other kids when I do dive meet posts, so may as well keep up with the tradition!  
 Tonight's meet was at Skyline, which is a fun pool for the kids-Jackson and James especially loved it!  I had a great seat for the actual dive competition-shady and right up front. Can't get much better than that!  I think I consider today's meet Karianna's best.  She did her dives so, so well today.  She got the highest amount of point she has ever gotten.  She scored straight 6's and one 6.5 on her tuck dive-by far, the best individual score she has gotten all summer-so impressive!!!!!  She had a great attitude, and we were working on that since at the last meet, she got into a habit of shaking her head after coming up from her dive, even when the dive was pretty good!  She can be so hard on herself.  I counseled her to just TRY not shaking her head, but smiling really big-just to see what kind of affect that would have on her level of confidence.  I think it worked today!

She ended up in 3rd place out of 24 girls-the biggest group yet.  The top 5 or 6 girls were neck and neck-it was very clear the scores would be super close, and I felt Karianna could easily get 1st or 6th-that's how close it was.  So 3rd was a pretty darn good average out of those top divers!  She did so very well, I was stinkin' proud of her!

A few highlights-look how high her tuck is-and this is when she was already coming down from it!
 Beautiful lines going into the water.
 Tucking for her front flip...
 And perfect trajectory into the water with her hands at her sides.
 If there was one thing to work on, it was her inward-she frog-legged just a bit, which made her twist a tad bit.  Otherwise, her distance from the board was great, and she went in with nearly straight legs instead of pike legs, which she was working really hard on.

 Smiles all around-a great score and a great meet!
 And yes-she also knows how to do the duck face. ;)

No comments: