July 11th: Given the busy-ness of our first Seaworld Day, we decided to start today off on a more relaxed note. We slept in, made a grand breakfast that we ate in the comfort of our hotel room, and set the kids up with art projects, legos, and cars.
Jackson appears a little red-man! He is too young to do the spray sunscreen very well, so I rubbed it on his face each, but apparently, not good enough. it doesn't seem to bug him, but I still feel bad!Karianna couldn't be bothered with activities or food-she slept right through it all, in the front room, even though the TV was on! Teenage in the making, right here!
Bright-eyed and busy tailed, waiting for eggs and bacon!
Once everyone was up, fed, watered, and rested, the five older kids and I changed into swimsuits, grabbed towels, and headed to one of the....8? I think? pools at the hotel. We picked the one with the biggest water slide, splash pad, and jacuzzi-a dream! We had to park on the street, which was annoying, but otherwise, it was a great area. Almost no one was there when we got there, so we had the pool to ourselves pretty much. We swam around for a while, played in the splash pad, and then I gave the kids swimming challenges to earn ice cream sandwiches.
Once the water slide opened, that had their attention-not the fastest slide in the world, but pretty awesome nonetheless!
I loved that this resort was neslted right into the California hills. Made for beautiful scenery.
James loved his little sharkie-a water ball we flung around the jacuzzi for quite some time!
Super huge jacuzzi-nearly as big as our pool at home! The jets were ridiculously powerful!
All the kids got into the jacuzzi all the way, even James. The water in the big pool was fairly cold-especially for Arizona kids! The jacuzzi was just wonderful. I neglected to mention it to the kids until the end of our stay, just because I knew if I told them earlier, they would never get out and venture into the big pool! Good choice, Rachel! We stayed for a good 2.5 hours before heading back to our room to get ready for Seaworld again. Jared had made chicken fajitas while we were gone-chicken, peppers, onions, tomatos-yum! We dined on that, took showers, and rested just a bit before jumping back into the car for Seaworld. Thankfully, Jackson took a good nap while we were out-he would need it, that's for sure!
No comments:
Post a Comment