As is tradition, we took our Christmas Sunday picture in somewhat matching Christmas outfits-rocking the blues/greys/blacks/whites this year! I sure love my family-they make my heart happy! I'm going to slip the other pictures below.
We loved Christmas Sunday-special day indeed. The music was so very beautiful-lots of instrumental additions to the normal special musical numbers, and it just added a lovely degree of power to the spirit that was already present.
Kristen and Steven got to bless baby Megan today-which is always super special, but maybe moreso today given the season and given that this was Kristen and Steven's first baby blessing. Steven did a great job-he really spoke with the spirit. Megan looked stinkin' adorable. Sorry, there's no other way to put it! Such a cutie!
The kids got to sing a special musical number with the primary. I directed it since I have been subbing as primary chorister for the past few weeks. The kids did a wonderful job, I was super proud of them! We had a flute join in for the 2nd half of the song, and I loved the spirit it brought. The kids even did the crescendo I taught them, it was wonderful!!!!
Sara practiced singing the primary song with us this morning that the primary was performing. I asked her if she wanted to go up and sing with the big kids, and she was all about that! So while singing, she would direct with me, hold up her finger to signal silence when I would....she didn't know the words, but she moved her mouth nonetheless, and she smiled ear to ear the whole time! She is so ready to go into primary in 2 weeks!
On that topic of primary, I was called to be the primary chorister-yea!!!! This will be time #6 for me. :) I love this calling, and I am so tickled I get to do it when my kids make up 1/6 of the primary. :)
James really enjoyed hanging out with Shanna and Brenna today as well-it was so cute to watch them sit in a circle and eat kix! He only has one Sunday to go before we move to a much more manageable Church schedule. It is difficult to manage him when he is fighting sleep so much! Once we get home from church, he just passes out....he's still asleep at this moment as I am baking some Christmas cookies....what are the chances that the yummy smell wakes him up???
Tonite we get to go to Christmas Dinner at my Mom's house, and tomorrow will be Christmas Eve-how did it get there so fast?!? Looking forward to lots of time with family!
Sunday, December 23, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment