Monday, December 24, 2012
Christmas Eve: The Park
We were super pleased that Jared got off work early on Christmas Eve. So silly, having people work on Christmas Eve, especially for a college! Regardless, I was tickled when Jared walked in the door much earlier than expected. That meant we actually had time to go out as a family and enjoy the magic of anticipation. We decided to head to Val Vista Lakes and see the lights, as well as stop at Freestone park. The park was deserted, and it gave us a good chance to snap a few pics on the jungle gym and on the swings.... Jared is going to hate me for posting this pic, but I can't resist! Jared looks like he is racing down a rollar coaster at 100 mph...whereas James looks calm as can be! I love it!
My favorite part of the park date though was teaching the kids how to play Steal the Bacon. SO FUNNY! The first round ended with tears, skinned knees, and whining about continuing the game. But we brushed the kids off, changed the rules, and then laughed our heads off as we raced each other to the football we had brought. I was calling out the names, and I think my favorite round was when I called out, "Ok.......Elizabeth and Jarom!" The kids nearly fell to the ground laughing, they thought that was so funny! My other favorite (and remember, I am standing right by the ball to help prevent falls): "OK......Jared and Rachel...... Yeah HOOOOOOOOOOOO I got it! I won! I won!!!" It was pretty laughable! We had a blast just hanging out together!
The lights at Val Vista Lakes were unfortunately not open to the public, but that just left us more time to get home and get the house ready for Santa. So worth the trip out there-memories that last!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment