Friday was a sad day for me. Sad and painful-but could be worse in the long run! I woke up with pretty severe/annoying cramps. I don't like to overreact in general during pregnancy and its not like cramps are unheard of (given how big my belly is-my muscles have to get tired at some point!). I prepped for work anyway and left without taking any medicine, just in case it was a sign of something else being wrong-didn't want to mask the pain and miss a real problem. About an hour into my day, they were worse and not going away, which is not normal for me. They hit a point where I actually had to breathe through them or clench a fist so my 3rd graders wouldn't notice. I was contemplating calling in a sub for a half day to just go home and rest, but something told me perhaps I should go see a doctor. These symtpoms were reminding me of a day back when I was pregnant with Karianna. Let's reminisce for a moment....
I was super worried about miscarriage when I was pregnant with Karianna, having had one for my very first, unsuccessful pregnancy So when I woke up with bad cramping one day, right around 28 weeks, I was extremely worried. Of course, for obvious reasons, but also because it was the day of Becca and Eric's wedding. I did not want to miss that, so I gathered myself together, got dressed and headed to the temple with Jard. While we were waiting to go into the sealing room, I just couldn't get over the cramping-which was getting worse-and just started to cry. I was so worried about miscarriage, and didn't know what was going to happen! Jared and my Dad offered to give me a blessing, and I had the very special opportunity to have a blessing in the temple-in the temple president's office-with the temple president there. It was a very unique spirit, and upon conclusion of the blessing, my cramps went away. I was able to attend Becca and Eric's sealing and felt the spirit very strongly. As soon as the sealing was over, my cramps returned-a sign that we were to take a few group shots and then we needed to head to the doctor. The doctor confirmed that I had a really bad bladder infection, nearly to my kidneys already, which could cause preterm labor. The baby was just fine, and I was too, especially after a good strong dose of antibiotics. However, my doctor commented that it was super important I come in, because again, a bladder/kidney infection left untreated in pregnancy can turn very bad very fast.
Okay, back to the present day: I thought I was reading the symptoms right-bladder infection. So during morning recess, I decided the pain was bad enough that I needed to call a sub, call a doctor, and call Jared The first two calls were easy; the third call left me crying, as I knew it would. :) I made some quick contingency plans, left the sub with scanty lesson plans, and took off for the hospital. Jared was awesome and actually managed to get a babysitter so he could pick me up and take me to the doctor's office. Once we were there, she did indeed confirm what I already suspected: bladder infection. Not as bad as with Karianna, but definitely needed to come in, especially before the weekend hit. She loaded me down with presriptions, and I spent the rest of the day in bed, hoping the cramping would finally die down and my uterus could just relax. I had to be careful that night to see if the antibiotics were working; if not, I would have to go to the hospital for IV fluids/antibiotics.
All in all, it was a sad and painful day. I have pretty darn healthy pregnancies, but if something seems off (and it has to be pretty off for me to worry), it really does a number on my psyche and my whole being. I'm glad, in the long run though, that I will be just fine, and James probably never knew anything was wrong! Thank you antibiotics that turn your pee green-hoping your next visit is not too soon!
Friday, September 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment