Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Cookies and Crafts

We had Elizabeth and Kaitlynn come over for a play date today, all in the name of cookies and crafts. We started off by making a few dozen Christmas cookies with our cook cookie cutters, frosting, and sprinkles galore.
We then made these cute little Christmas tree made out of pine cones, pipe cleaners, pony beads, and cotton balls. When I did this with my 3rd graders, I had them add glitter as well, but I couldn't find my glitter today so we sacked that idea. Regardless, the trees turned out cute and all the kids-even Jordan-did a great job following directions! I was very proud of them (plus my floor wasn't coverd with glitter....my classroom carpet was not so lucky.)
It sure was fun enjoying the Christmas season with family and friends! I can't believe Christmas is in 3 days!

No comments: