As back up for this first moment of pure silliness, Jared has a tendancy to use odd utensils if all the normal utensils are dirty. He's been known to use tablespoons, spatulas, carving knives....totally not kidding either-picture eating a bowl of cereal with a ladle. In Jared's defense, he is wonderful at taking over for me when he gets home and getting the kids dinner so I can relax. Tonite's dinner consisted of PB sandwhiches, corn and raisins. No clean spoons though, so Jared just told them to eat with their fingers (true daddy rhetoric!). A few minutes later, he noticed Karianna had gotten "spoons" out for herself and JD-"spoons" meaning a measuring cups! Talk about taking a page out of her Dad's book! She was nice and gave JD the 1/2 cup and herself the 1/4 cup. So sweet.
Thursday, July 9, 2009
Playtime and Silliness
I love playtime and silliness in our home. I really like structure during the day, which sometimes doesn't allow for tons of good old giggles and nonsensical play-unless I structure it in, that is. :) In any case, I am working hard to let the kids just be kids more frequently, and I caught a few of those moments on film this week.
Jordan still uses his bumbo at 17 months old. Truth be told, Karianna and JD will still clambor in this thing when they are typing on the computer. I love that this is Jordan's favorite place to sit when he's playing in the toy bins. I don't necessarily like these toy bins where they are, but when I found Jordan sitting in his bumbo playing like this, I decided there was no way I could move anything from that corner!
And this is the ultimate moment of playtime! Jared was busy playing a tickle game with Karianna and JD decided to join in by climing on Jared's back and balancing as precariously as possible-in a diaper no less! The second picture is my favorite-I love how it is leveled with Karianna on the bottom, Jared in the middle, and JD as the crowning glory. Most of all, I love seeing Jared so interactive in play with the kids. They LOVE playing with him!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment