
Sunday was a very busy day for our family between church, visiting grandparents, and doing our own celebrations for Father's Day! I love Father's Day. I love making the day special in little ways for Jared, just to let him know how much we truly appreciate what he does as the Father of our home. I think not having my Dad here has made me view Jared in a very all-encompassing light; he is thee man who watches out for me and the kids, who takes care of us in every possible way, and who provides for our needs. That is such a huge responsibility and I was struck on Sunday with how much time and energy actually goes into that committment. My Dad did the job beautifully; so does Jared, and I know he learned from his Dad as well. I love the Fathers in my life and I am so grateful our home has a strong, valiant, and righteous Father figure in it. We love you Jared-Happy Dad's Day!
I let Jared sleep in until 10:30 (holy crow, that's probably present enough!). While he slumbered, I laid out a pretty decent breakfast spread for the family, including Jared's favorite breakfast food, crumb cake.

The kiddos presented him with their uber-cool cards and we had a wonderfully relaxing morning morning together. After church we headed to the Lautenschlager's for dinner and had a great time hanging out together! We love that we live so close to both of our families, it was excessively nice to go home at the end of the night with a 2 minute drive as opposed to a 55 minute drive! All in all, a great day and I hope all the Dads out there know how much they are appreciated and needed.
No comments:
Post a Comment