Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Most Relaxed Zoo Trip Ever!

I think I am decided. Our family needs to get an annual pass to the Phoenix Zoo. Apparently, it is not too expensive-a couple of trips a year to the zoo for our whole family would pay it off pretty easily and end up saving us money in the long run.




But the number one reason for getting a pass would be the relaxation factor. Usually the zoo is an all day trip, packed with the intensity associated with seeing every animal before the kids completely lose it; gotta get the most for your buck, you know, especially when that buck is more like 20 per person.

However, I had a completely different zoo experience the other day when a good friend of our invited Karianna and I to the zoo. She has the type of family pass that can be extended to a few visitors as well. So we took her up on the offer and had a blast! We were there for about 2 hours-beautiful weather, no crowds, and a completely relaxed atmosphere. We let the girls dictate where we would go, how long we would stay, and when we would move on. We saw maybe a fourth, if that, of all the animals at the zoo, and ended the outing with a good half hour of play time at the zoo playground.

I left with a couple of conclusions: first, a big thanks to Kristine for letting us piggyback on her family pass! Second, it is so much fun for me to watch Karianna play with friends. Both Savannah and Lilly were there with us, and I loved seeing those three hanging out-sometimes literally, as the pictures below will indicate! Third, the family pass is the key to really enjoying the zoo. 2 hours and a fourth of the animals was great because with a family pass, you could go back anytime you wanted to see what you missed-no worries! Yup, family pass is the way to go. Here's just a few pictures of our time at the zoo-thanks again to Kristine and Jill for making the trip so fun!

Savannah, Lilly, and Karianna
The Hanging Around previously mentioned :) I love the facial expressions!



En Vogue-Strike a Pose Flamingos!

Catching a glimpse of the turtles sunbathing.

2 comments:

Rebecca and Eric MantanoƱa said...

We have a year round pass, and it is completely worth it for all the reasons you mentioned! I figure we go probably once a month, and as you know that makes up for the expense. Plus we got free zoolight tickets, free stingray bay tickets, and free paddle boat tickets, and some other freebies that I cannot think of at the moment. But I would highly reccomend getting one!

Kristine said...

We had lots of fun. Thanks for coming with us. The changed the play area at Harmony Farm, and it has been sponsored by Fisher Price so lots of new cute things. we will have to go there next time. :)