Saturday is a special day, its the day we get ready for Sunday....as such, I gave Jared a very specific job to do while I fed Jordan and put him to bed: entice the kids to clean the loft. Now, as a wife, I know Jared doesn't particularly like cleaning the loft (especially when he probably thinks it will just be him cleaning rather than the kids, who are wizards at finding a fun distraction). So rather than just telling him to do that job, I used the oldest trick in the book-"in every job that must be done, there is an element of fun; you find the fun and.....SNAP! The job's a game!" Works for kids and adults apparently! Here's how it went: I told Jared to become the General, and the kids his army cadets. I told him to pass out orders-give Karianna a specific job and Go! Tell JD exactly what to pick up, where to put it and GO! Works every time! Jared seemed to go for it, and SNAP! The job's a game! Gotta love that Mary Poppins, right up there with Super Nanny. As the icing on the cleaning cake, I was reduced to giggles when I heard how Jared began the "game" with the kids: "Come on you maggots! You clean or you sleep in the garage in your underwear! Go go go! Left, left, left, right, left-move it, move it, move it!" Pretty funny! My husband is just awesome! SNAP!
DISCLAIMER: I embellished just a bit on Jared's dialogue, but the "maggots" part was all him!
Monday, January 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment