Friday, January 2, 2009

Frustration Managed

Today was a little bit of a frustrating day. I had just under a bajillion things to do and not nearly enough time. Maintaining some level of patience was NOT one of the things I managed to get done today. Thus I was a little testy. So in about a ten minute time period, the following things happened; we will dub them "Techniques for Making Mommy Happy Again":
  1. Karianna and Jared sang me "We Wish You a Merry Christmas".

  2. A spontaneous encore followed of "You Are My Sunshine".

  3. Karianna brough me a plate with "I Love Mom" written on it.

  4. Under Jared's instructions, Karianna handed me a big bouncy ball and said, "If you are mad at Daddy, you can throw this at him". Karianna threw it at him even though I declined the offer.

  5. Karianna then brought the plate back with about 6 dried flower petals on it.

  6. She proceeded to "pin" them on my shirt like a corsage.
  7. JD and Karianna came over and gave me hugs and kisses.

  8. Karianna brought me a star shaped baby cracker and sang "You are like a star shining brightly...."

Okay. Frustration gone-couldn't help it. So in case any distraught husband in wondering how to restore his wife back to her happy, cheerful self, this was the way to do it. Extra guarentee if your daughter throws the big bouncy ball at you for the rest of the night.

1 comment:

Kristine said...

Oh I love your blog. Kids are so funny, as are husbands. It is cute that they did all those things to make you in a better mood.