
Today the kids and I started adorning the tree with our myriad ornaments, bows, and candy canes! I love our Christmas tree. It is nothing fancy at all-besides a basic red, gold, green color scheme, it is your traditional kids tree; this year we are contemplating adding a popcorn string in order to commemorate the book, "If you take a mouse to the movies". All the same, I just love our tree! One of my favorite things to do during Christmas time is to curl up on a couch with a blanket, a good book, and no lights except the soft twinkle of the Christmas tree. I think it brings back childhood memories and kind of signifies a safe place for me-it'd be nice if the world as a whole was as simple as the quiet moments that I so enjoy around Christmas time.
So with that being said :) Here's some pics of the kiddos going knee deep in tree decor!

Karianna was so into decorating-she put all the ornaments on the tree while I covertly spaced them out a little better.

JD was very attached to this Santa ornament; he spent the entire time dancing it around the TV stand, eventually taking off Santa's boots (ie, breaking them). He still went on the tree!


Jordan was just in love with the balls (which we haven't gotten up on the tree yet). It made me realize the practicality of shatter-proof ornaments.
Karianna trying to stretch up to put the topper on the tree-she was pretty frustrated when she realized the stool wouldn't help! But, she's got the pointed toe worthy of ANTM....Her desparate try to top the tree ended with a broken tree topper! 
Sad day-we've had this since our first Christmas together! We'll just have to chalk it up to making new memories together as a family of five!
No comments:
Post a Comment