The last few Cub Scout activities for JD have been just spectacular. Our ward has unfortunately lapsed on cub scouts since the beginning of December and JD has missed doing cool stuff with his buddies and earning his belt loops. So we have been tickled pink (or blue) with the last few activities. Last week, JD's amazing leaders taught them how to make apple crisp from scratch-they cored and peeled the apples, mixed all the ingredients, and came home with a ready-to-bake apple crisp that was entirely gluten free--his leaders went out of their way to get GF flour, just to cater to his needs. Things like that warm my heart. I know it is not easy to go GF all the time, but his leaders really go out of their way to make these food-related activities so seamless for him....I just love it.
This week, they finished up a lengthy activity they have been working on for a while-spray painting the tool caddies they built! I wasn't expecting something so sturdy, and I was so proud of JD when he showed us his final product! It has already become his lego caddy as opposed to a tool caddy, lol! he did an amazing job, and learned a LOT. Just so great! I may not understand scouting all the way, but I sure do love the things it teaches JD. Jordan gets to start attending in a week-so awesome!
No comments:
Post a Comment